Friday, September 3, 2010

small moments.

These past almost 5 months I have learned more lessons than my brain consumed in 18 years of school. To name just a few random thoughts.. ive learned...

*To always be one step ahead of your child (with a toy, a bottle, pacifier..).. always.be.ahead.
*That a smile really can just crush my heart and a laugh just destroys it
*That being a parent is a huge responsibility but has the greatest rewards
*To cherish my conversations with friends as they are few and far between. Thank goodness I have very understanding friends
*That what happens one day may not repeat itself the next
*That material things don't matter and neither does doing my hair in the morning
*That coffee is my best friend and not just one cup like the old days
*To accept help and not to feel defeated when I need it
*That talking to myself in the car is normal
*That my singing is remarkable {at least my son thinks so}
*That tearning up when my son smiles at his daycare provider is normal
*That family really is everything
*To remember the small moments because they really do matter the most

3 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

Aw Katie this is wonderful! It sounds like motherhood is suiting you quite nicely, and I think it's awesome that you're able to stop and appreciate the beauty amongst the chaos. It makes me excited to have my own someday!

joy said...

what a sweet post--i have so much to look forward to! (and someone will finally love my singing?!)

Kristen Gardner said...

So true. I love the whole list! And I hear you about never having the chance to do your hair... Thanks for not judging me when mine has been really crazy. :)