Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DIY Coasters.

I come up with these random crafty ideas from time to time. I am not sure who likes it more me or my dog who likes to chew anything new I create. I am outnumbered by boys that test me. So I need a little girl time in my life..

If you have some coasters that need a face lift this literally takes two seconds and is super cheap! Buy some Modpodge {best stuff on earth}. Cut out pretty scrapbook paper. Apply modpodge directly on coaster. Apply scrapbook paper. Apply modpodge on top for finish.
Here you go! Fun. Simple. And super duper cheap :)

2 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

I did this with magazine cut-outs! I went through magazines and cut out pretty photos of jewelry, wine bottles, patterns, flowers, words, etc... and put them on coasters collage-style. They look great, but the edges do start to peel if you're not really thorough with the Mod Podge! :)

Katie Smith said...

haha Sarah- that or the dog chews the coaster edges. Ill have to get out the podge again ;)