Monday, April 11, 2011

a year ago.

A year ago today I went to bed dreaming of what you would look like, who you would be and how on earth I was going to figure all this out. Some days I feel like we are still figuring it out! You have shown us how to put all the small details aside, practice patience, go without sleep, laugh, delight over simple accomplishments, make meals in under 10 minutes, cry when you aren't feeling well and recognize that we would give our lives for you in an instant. I love looking at you during quiet moments and treasuring what your dad and I brought to this world. We love you pumpkin and are so lucky to have you. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Lauren Gay Photography said...

Okay, so the shots of him and Justin watching the snow, and of you giving him a bath...oh my gosh. You're the sweetest mommy! Happy Birthday Colin!

KellyO said...

That was the cutest video! He's so adorable, I wish I could have been there for his birthday. I'll see him soon though and pinch those cheeks!! Good job guys, he's a doll.

Melissa Lampman said...

Katie -
watching your video brought a tear to my eye! You and Justin are obviously amazing parents and I enjoy reading your blog and to see this little man grow up!
I hope all is well with you three and would love to catch up soon!

Katie Smith said...

thank you guys :) so sweet to take the time to leave comments.