Wednesday, July 25, 2012

two boys hungry

I get anxious thinking about how I am going to feed two boys as they grow up. Colin already demands dinner at 4:30 when he walks in the door. No I am not even exaggerating.

The routine goes something like this:
3:30. look at the clock and think crap, dinner.  Answer emails/calls over stove.
4:00. change to make sure my husband is still attracted to me.
4:30. all the boys walk in the door.
4:31. colin: "i wanna eat"
5:15. baths
5:30. rough housing with dad to make sure colin gets all wound up before bed
5:45. demands for wanting to go outside start.
6:00. when i usually announce to my two toddlers to start winding down.
6:15. stories
6:30. bed
6:35. wine and hgtv

the kids go to bed pretty early but they are also up super early so making sure they get a full nights sleep is very important to us. Lots of people look at us wide eyed when we say bedtime is 6:30 and people are still getting home from work. But our routine works nicely for our family and fussy babies are no fun for anyone :)

2 comments:

Ginnie said...

Thanks, Katie for your sweet comment! It made me smile. PS. Your photography is beautiful!!

Katie Smith said...

Ginnie, thank you and so glad she is out and recovering! Children sick or having surgery of any kind really pulls at my heartstrings.